South Australia’s biggest (and friendliest) annual folk festival returns to Willunga Recreation Park from 21-23 October 2022, bringing a host of headliners to the peninsula.
Ensure a weekend of vibrant music and festivities – jump for Earlybird tickets, on sale until September 1!
Just 45 minutes south of Adelaide, over 3 days and nights, over 50 of the best local, national and international musicians will satisfy your thirsty soul with their music and performances.
“The Festival will be packed with world-class artists and showcase incredible local talent from South Australia, including Ella & Sienna, who recently returned from their stint on ‘The Voice Australia’,” Festival Director Valerie Corfield said. .
The Festival is titled by:
- Claymore (Vic), Australia’s first modern Celtic band made up of passionate multi-instrumentalists bringing their blend of Celtic rock and rock into the 21st century!
- The Royal High Jinx (Vic), think Gypsy Jazz, Latin Balkan and Swing, Folk Cabaret – a haunting and energetic global band.
- Toby Beard (WA), lyrical talent and a fierce, dynamic voice, true honest songwriting delivered in a powerful performance.
- Totally greedy (Vic), maniacal, organic, singers/songwriters/musicians of Folk Funk Filosophy with instruments made from woody gourds, feeding your wildest pumpkin cravings!
- siobhan owen (SA), sublime Celtic-inspired voice and lyrical harp, Siobhan delivers her ethereal music and lyrics in multiple languages.
2022 sees the Festival’s priority to promote young South Australian musicians, to include a youth-specific venue, ‘Space Jams’, led by young entrepreneur and local musician Josh Morphett, and made possible with the support of SA Music Development Office, a “See It LIVE” project.
Indulge in music spanning genres from indie to world and folk, acoustic to Americana, blues/roots to country/bluegrass; take part in workshops, dance, children’s entertainment, poetry, spontaneous musical collaborations or whiteboard concerts at Café AcousticA – take advantage of the food stalls, the bar or a café – there are for all tastes !
Generous supporters of the Fleurieu Folk Festival include the town of Onkaparinga, Bendigo Bank and The Australian Cider Co.
Ticket sales: FleurieuFolkFestival.com
Artist Updates: facebook.com/fleurieufolkfestival